USB Adapter - PC App Installation Instructions
The Aretas USB Wireless Adapter - ASMX01WA adapter allows you to access data from a Aretas wireless monitor directly on your computer using Windows, Apple OSX or Linux.
To setup your computer to gather data from your wireless monitor through the USB adapter you will need to install and use the free Aretas Java software. The software displays data in a basic graph with these capabilities.
- Real time data from your wireless monitor.
- Data range options from 1 min - 24hrs.
- Ability to download data to a .csv file, you can also upload data csv files to view anytime.
Did you know Aretas also offers data to be transmitted online to utilize the powerful Aretas analtyics and alerts system with 24/7 worldwide access? You can read more about the online system feature on these overview pages >> All that is required is the Aretas communication bridge and a local Ethernet connection.
- Aretas USB Bridge Adapter and a USB capable computer.
- One or more Aretas wireless monitors.
Note the wireless monitors and USB adapter must ahve the same wireless radios. Contact your Aretas representative to confirm as needed.
- Download and install FTDI Drivers http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe
- Download and install Java http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp
- Download the zip file containing the Aretas Java application here >> save and unzip to your Desktop;
- Plug in the Aretas USB adapter and wait for the “your device is ready to use” notification in the taskbar;
- Open the software saved on your desktop titled 'SensorGraph_A.jar';
- Once the software has loaded, choose the appropriate device from the “Device” menu (e.g. COM3) and click on “Open Device”;
- Maximize the application window;
- Reduce the timespan to 15m for increased granularity;
- Wait 2-3 minutes for data to appear.